Many people dream of owning a home but think it’s not possible. The Get It Sold Team @ Keller Williams Realty, 912.495.8113, may have a solution for you. We’ve outlined the City of Savannah’s basic steps in obtaining Home Buyer Assistance (for use towards down payment, closing cost and gap financing). If you have any questions, or need more information, please call.
The Housing Department offers three Savannah Dream Maker programs with different levels of home buying assistance offering affordable loans for down payment assistance, closing costs, gap financing and other related expenses. The level of assistance varies depending on the location and construction type of the home.
Savannah Dream Maker 1
- Up to $3,000 deferred, repayable upon transfer of title, refinance, or demise.
- Minimum of $500 home buyer contribution toward home purchase
- Outside of Target Neighborhoods
Savannah Dream Maker 2
CDBG Target Neighborhoods, Neighborhood Revalitization Areas and Succession Neighborhoods are eligible
- Up to $6,000 deferred, repayable upon transfer of title, refinance, or demise.
- Minimum of $500 home buyer contribution
- House location inside of CDBG Target Neighborhoods, Neighborhood Revitalization Areas and Succession Neighborhoods
- Succession Neighborhoods: Edgemere/Sackville, Paradise Park/Oakhurst, Largo Woods, Wilshire Estates/Savannah Mall, and Windsor Forest
Savannah Dream Maker 3
New construction only
- Maximum Loan amount: New Construction in Revitalization & CDBG Areas. Home must be pre-approved by the DOH for the DM 3 program prior to Construction beginning.
- Savannah Gardens (only) – Up to $50,000**; up to $10,000 may be forgiven/granted if homebuyer lives in the house for 15 years
- Neighborhood Revitalization Areas – Up to $30,000
- DBG & Neighborhood Renaissance Neighborhoods – Up to $20,000
- DOH Targeted Revitalization Area – Up to $30,000 1-story house and $40,000 2-story house.
- CDBG Target Neighborhood – Up to $20,000
- Maximum term: 30 years deferred, payable upon transfer of title, refinance, or demise.
- Minimum of $500 Home buyer contribution.
- Revitalization Areas: Benjamin Van Clark; Cuyler/Brownville; Feiler Park; Ogeecheeton; Savannah Gardens (including portions of East Savannah & Twickenham); West Savannah and Waters Avenue Corridor (One Block East and West of Waters Avenue)
**For a limited time, select homes at Savannah Gardens may be eligible for up to $70,000 in Savannah Dream Maker Assistance!
SAVANNAH GARDEN HOMES:
Other SAVANNAH AREA HOMES FOR SALE: